Rare production photos from Bud Westmore’s personal collection.
My favorite monster! :-)
this morning, police raided Greater St. Mark school/church in Ferguson, MO (formerly called St. Sebastian’s Parish).
please please please boost this. help these organizers recover the supplies they lost, and share just how fucking far these cops will sink to make the people of Ferguson suffer.
Had to get a haircut at lunch so this is it for Star Wars week today. I’ll make it up to you tomorrow. #starwars #r2d2
COMIX TIPZ™: When drawing word balloons, make sure the tail points towards the speaker! This helps prevent confusion.
I’ve doubled the size of PHIL’S BIG LIST OF THINGS TO DRAW from 200 things to 400 things because I love you.
I got great stuff in the mail from Mike King ( snakesanddaggers) who makes comics at LionsTeeth.net
Check ‘em out, they’re good for you.
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster, but a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age."
I’ve been using the same pen to ink all of these, but for some reason today the Copics smeared them in spots? And once again, I’m looking forward to “finding” a style for these that I like and can do in under an hour every day.